Skip to main content

The Treason Show Sketch - Now That's What I Call A Covid Christmas

On 3rd December at 10.39am I submitted the following sketch to The Treason Show. Sadly, later that day I noticed a sketch doing the rounds that was almost entirely the same in its concept, albeit with different songs. I knew straight away that mine would never see the light of day as that sketch had had over 2 million views in the first 24 hours. Anyway, thought it should have a home somewhere. So let's imagine what might have been...

Sketch: Now That’s What I Call A Covid Christmas


VO: Now That’s What I Call A Covid Christmas! All of your holiday favourites - updated for 2020 - including:

(Caption & VO)
All I Want for Christmas is Flu

(Caption & VO)
Fatality Rate of New York

(Caption & VO)
Not Driving Home For Christmas

VO: And, it wouldn’t be Christmas without this updated classic from Wham!

(To the tune of Last Christmas  by Wham!. Mark dressed like George Michael and Andrew Ridgely? They pull their masks up before singing.)

🎶Mask Christmas, 2 metres apart   
But your family can’t stay, see them from your doorway
Next year, to save me from tiers
I'm moving to central Wales🎶

VO: And that’s not all! What about these!

(Caption & VO)
2000 Miles (For an eye test) by The Pretender

(Caption & VO)
I Saw Mommy Intubating Santa Claus

(Caption & VO)
HaPPE Xmas (War is Over)

VO: And don’t forget this updated classic from Paul McCartney.

(To the tune of Paul McCartney’s Wonderful Christmastime)

🎶The mood is bright
Our resolve’s tough
We're stood apart
It’s not too rough
Simply Having a Socially Distant Time
Simply Having a Socially Distant Time🎶

CAPTION & VO: Also featuring,

(Caption & VO)
Here Comes Track and Trace

(Caption & VO)
Plant Her Maybe

(Caption & VO)
Do You Fear What I Fear

VO: And this updated Adam Faith classic!

(To the tune of Lonely Pup (in a Christmas Shop) by Adam Faith)

Cold dead eyes that seem to say,
Don’t sack me I want to stay,
Guess what he had in that box,
Just a lonely cup in a Cummings prop.

Took a trip, to test his eyes
That he was not sacked came as no surprise
He was selfish, and a fop
With a lonely cup in a Cummings prop

VO: Also featuring

(VO & Caption)
The R Rate - Let It Slow! Let It Slow! Let It Slow  

(VO & Caption)
Costly The BoJoMan

(VO & Caption)
Here Comes Pfizer’s Spores

VO: And last, but by no means least, this updated classic from Jona Lewie.

(To the tune of Jona Lewie’s Stop the Cavalry)

🎶Hey, Mr. Johnson please come over here
Stop saying we are doing splendidly
We’re all very tired, of all of your lies
Please just talk to us sensibly
Oh I say it's tough, We’ve all had enough
Won’t you stop the Covid please?

(Overlaid with pictures of Mr Johnson looking foolish and/or people from the cabinet? If possible, could the picture change on each ‘dumb’? )
Dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb, dumb
Dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb
Dumb-dumb-dumb, dumb, dumb-dumb-dumb,
dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb, dumb
Dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb, dumb
Dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb
Dumb-dumb-dumb, dumb, dumb-dumb-dumb,
dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb, dumb
Wish it had been cured for Christmas.

So whether you’ve been naughty or nice, make sure this goes to the top of your Christmas list!

Now That’s What I Call A Covid Christmas, available never, from all bad record shops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking the News - Series 20

BBC Radio Scotland's Breaking the news started its latest 10-week run on 15th October 2021. Please see my submissions below. Hopefully some of these will have green text at some point to indicate they made it on air! 🤞 Jump to: Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 COP26 Special Episode 6 Episode 7 Episode 8 Episode 9 Episode 10 Xmas Special Episode 1 - 15/10/21 Today was the 200th show. Congratulations to all involved! Openers & closers This is our 200th show. A lot has happened since our first broadcast on 5th June 2015. Back then Brexit didn’t mean Brexit; Corona was just a beer and Furlough was something we only said when describing clouds. A vegan food blogger from the Netherlands has won the World Porridge Making Championships. Miriam Groot, 25, who runs a blog called The Veggie Reporter, beat competitors from around the world. She submitted three entries to the competition and the third one was judged just right. Wildlife...

That was the week(end) that was (TW(e)3)

I can’t remember exactly when it was I booked up to Craft of Comedy (CofC), and if I’m honest this post is so inconsequential there’s no point in going back through old emails for ‘facts’. However, I can remember how I felt a few moments after I had added the three requested letters from my 3D secure password to the final payment screen - R B P for those that are interested, I’ll remember to include my mother’s maiden name in a future paragraph - I felt incredibly excited that I had finally taken a bold step towards something I had been ‘banging on about' for such a long time. Of course, about two minutes later I also felt incredibly nervous thinking about the fact I was going to have to go somewhere quite far away, with a lot of people, none of whom I knew, who might ask me the dreaded question: “what are you writing?” to which I didn’t really have a very good answer… In all honesty, I also wasn't exactly sure what I had actually signed up for given that the only informat...

Breaking the News - Series 19

BBC Radio Scotland's Breaking the news started its latest 10-week run on 25th June 2021. Please see my submissions below. Hopefully some of these will have green text at some point to indicate they made it on air! 🤞 Jump to: Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5 Episode 6 Episode 7 Episode 8 Episode 9 Episode 10 Episode 1 - 25/06/21 Really liked a couple of these, and they also did nicely on Twitter, but not to the taste of the show makers this week, sadly. Openers & closers Disney’s live action remake of The Little Mermaid has been hit by a Covid outbreak. However, in order not to delay the film’s release, it will be incorporated into the script. So, songs in the film will now include Don’t Kiss the Girl, More Unfortunate Souls and Under the C-19.    A parrot in Hartlepool was reported to the police for squawking a string of swearwords at a neighbour. The Parrot now faces being charged with a pieces of hate crime. A new ...